Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Grassoline


Monday I was mowing the lawn and smelling that mixed smell of grass and gasoline. I came to know this smell all too well when I worked for my Dad's lawn business. The "lawn crew" which consisted of me, my siblings, and neighborhood kids came to lovingly refer to this smell as grassoline. Being a teenage girl and having to mow lawns in the evenings and on Saturdays was not my favorite thing. In fact, I dreaded it. Now that I look back, I'm really glad I had the opportunity. My Dad taught me to work hard and get my hands dirty. Thanks for all you've done, and all you do Dad. Happy Fathers Day (a little late- as I usually am).

3 comments:

THE TWO BELLS said...

Thanks for the realization that some things smell worse than grassoline! I loved working with you kids much more than I loved cutting grass. Dad

Allison said...

I'm so glad you found us! Blogs are so much fun!
Allison

Alicia said...

haha!! Mat never told me that term before. But it's a good one. I think I'll steal it.