Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Loooosiana

And we're back! We took a quick trip town to Texas and Louisiana for Ryan's side of the family reunion. We flew down to Houston Thursday afternoon. With school delays, freeway closures, and flight complications it's a miracle we got on that flight. Let's just say, the combination of our personalities got us on the plane to Houston, but we may be on Delta airlines black list. :)

This cow was cracking me up at the Houston airport.


From Houston we drove to a little town in Louisiana called Lecompte. We stayed at a beautiful planation house called Lloyd Hall. Here are a few pictures around the place.

Posing by a civil war canon.

This piano looked so old I didn't dare to actually touch the keys. It's beautiful.

A view of one of the many dining rooms.
Ryan relaxing on the front balcony.

We stayed in the McCullough House behind the plantation house.

Something I've always been told about the South is the great food. This assumption couldn't be more correct. Ryan's uncle John cooked us some of the best fish I've ever had.
Mmmmm... Crawfish

Cracking the crab got pretty interesting.


We had so much fun spending some time with family that we rarely get to see. I don't have many of the pictures with family, since many of those weren't taken on my camera, but I got a few.



Ryan hanging out with our newest niece Jill.


Ryan and his brothers playing baseball and badmitten

Our nephews Gabe and Garret and our niece, Jill visiting Ganmamma's grave.

It was a really great trip. I'm glad I finally got to see a little bit of what Ryan means when he's talking about how much he loves the South.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Beautiful! I love the dirty south! We're going in a few weeks!

Leslie said...

we had so much fun seeing you and ryan. i was very impressed by your crawfish/crab aptitude. :)

Sarah Oman said...

It is beautiful down there! Glad you guys got to go.

Unknown said...

wow how fun and thanks!

Alicia said...

looks like you guys had a great time! I'd love to go there sometime, it looks beautiful. My favorite picture though was of you playing the piano. FUNNY!