Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Smokey 1994-2008

My cat Smokey died yesterday. She was 14 years old! I was talking to my mom on the phone last night and we were reminiscing about how I prayed to get a cat when I was younger every night for over a year. Finally, my parents fearing that they may damage the faith of their child, gave me a cat for my 9th birthday. She turned out to be a fun pet that the whole family loved. It was sad to see her go. I wish I had a picture, but all of mine are boxed up, and I have no digital copies around.

6 comments:

amy jo said...

oh Kristine, I am so sorry about your cat. 14 years is a good life and she was lucky to live with a little girl that wanted her so badly!

Jessica said...

Sad! I'm sorry Fee. She was a very nice cat.

Unknown said...

oh fee i'm so sad for you!

THE TWO BELLS said...

Our pets hold a special place in our hearts. I'm glad we had Smokey to love and care for. We will miss her.

Charlotte said...

So sorry! Sweet story of your parents "answering your prayer."

The Bell Bunch said...

Sorry to hear about Smokey, maybe Maggie will keep her company, until we get there!