
This past weekend Rich took us elk hunting. I have never actually hunted with a rifle before. I've only shot rifles lying in prone position with a good 30 seconds to take aim and fire. Hunting is quite a bit different. I got 2 shots at elk and missed them both. There is a reason we hunt with shotguns in the south. We saw about 50 elk and got close in on a couple groups. Elk are suposed to be so hard to hunt because you can never find them. Good thing I have Rich to guide me to where they are in the woods. Now all I need to do is learn to shoot!



1 comment:
Harold says, don't feel bad, he has had lots of hunting opportunities but is a terrible shot anyway. Hope you enjoyed the outing anyway! Those animals are beautiful to behold.
Post a Comment